There are many attractions and things to do in Freeport, Maine! Just a drive down Main Street will give you a glimpse of all the shopping opportunities available when visiting Freeport, Maine. You’ll find world-class retail stores, including premium brand outlets, as well as locally made products as you stroll through Freeport Village.
Be sure to visit L.L. Bean’s flagship store and get a taste of Maine’s outdoor recreation with L.L. Bean’s Discovery School. This school hosts workshops and sessions that are designed to give you an adventure yet also allow you to learn the skills necessary for sports such as archery, snowshoeing, skiing, fly fishing and more.
The Freeport area has it all. From hiking at Bradbury Mountain State Park or Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park to wildlife watching aboard ocean cruises, there is an activity for everyone. The Desert of Maine is a natural phenomenon that can’t be missed and the Maine Audubon Society’s Mast Landing Sanctuary is 140 acres of great birding. End your trip with a tour through a local chocolate factory, spirits at a local distillery and beer tastings at a local brewery. The possibilities are endless!
NEW to Freeport is BHAVANA, a full service spa! Click here to see the spa menu. Treat yourself!
Let us help you craft the perfect day trip while you’re visiting Candlebay Inn. Here are some ideas!
Look at all that you can do while staying with us here in Freeport!
Explore the Shore
- Enjoy a gentle hike along the wooded trails, tide pools and rocky beaches of Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park ($6.00 pp; any size group; at least 1-2 hours)
- Visit Wolfe’s Neck Farm and see the animals and the gorgeous coastline!
- Stop at Wealden Farm for some local cheese, veggies, bread and wine
- Check out the amazing wine and beer selection at Bow Street Market
- Go have a picnic at Winslow Park (small entry fee)
Out & About on a Boat
- Seacoast Tours of Freeport LLC boat trip to Eagle Island, the location of the retirement home of the famed polar explorer Admiral Robert Peary. (Approx. $40.00 pp; 3.25 hour trip; groups limited to 17.)
- Lunch upon return on the dock at Harraseeket Lunch & Lobster Co. (cash only)
- Return to town to shop Freeport’s famous outlets & boutiques.
Go Outside & Play
- Hike the trails at Bradbury Mountain State Park ($6.00 pp gate fee; unlimited group size; allow at least 1-2 hours.) Easy to moderate difficulty level with beautiful ocean and foliage views at summit.
- Take a ride out to Pineland Farms and visit their animals and grab a tasty sandwich or snack from their farm market.
- Visit Portersfield Cider and taste their local hard ciders!
- Come back and relax
- Enjoy dinner at Gritty’s Pub outside on their deck or inside in their friendly pub.
Visit the Desert and Quench Your Thirst
- Desert of Maine Glacier Desert Tour Ride ($12.50 pp; approx. 10 guests; 45 mins.)
- Tasting at Maine Beer Company (Sample from the selection of very popular beers at MBC!)
- Lunch at Gritty’s Pub (Enjoy a lunch at this friendly pub! Get a spot on the deck for some extra sun!)
- Back to downtown Freeport for shopping and some Wicked Whoopies treats!
- Enjoy personalized tasting of artisan olive oils and balsamic vinegars at FIORE
- Try the many different spice and dip combos at SKORDO
- Grab some famous FROSTY’S donuts and a coffee
- Enjoy a tasty dinner at Tuscan Bistro
Oldies but Goodies
- Enjoy a short antique trail to see the best of the best in Freeport! Start at Great Stuff and Pillars at the Big Indian, check into the Freeport Emporium and finish up at Maine Wicked Goods, all within a mile on Route 1 South!
- Check into Derosier’s for a pizza and ice cream, this local business is more than 100 years old!